Friday 13 August 2021

Landlord faces eviction from his house

 ---- appeals 


to FG, LASG, IGP, NBA to stop Lawyer from  forcefully  evicting him, tenants from over 60 year old Ancestral abode 


The landlord and occupants of number 17 Desalu Street Ebute - Metta  West  Lagos State  are appealing to the federal , Lagos state government, the Inspector General of Police, and the Nigeria Bar Association to stop impending insecurity and breach of public peace with the use of thugs and lethal weapons to forcefully evict them from their abode. 
The appeal was contained in a petition titled "security alert : the use of thugs, hoodlums and lethal weapons to wreck havoc and forcefully evict us from number 17 Desalu Street Ebute Metta West Lagos state". 
Olusegun Faradoye an Administrator of the property   said " The property belonged to my late father. I was born and breed in the house with other siblings and relatives. That house is our family house and has been ours for over fifty years. When my father died,my elder  brothers started managing the house. I am one of the four administrators  of the house and since my brothers died, one Barr. Sosina came up to say that she bought the property from our late brother for N30million. I was shocked and asked how this can happened as she knows well that I am one of the administrators and I nor my lawyer signed any documents permitted by writing or words of mouth that I am a party to the sale of the house. I did not agree to the sale  and now my brother whom she claimed sold it  to her is dead. Instead of her to go through the court , she is using thugs, hoodlums with lethal weapons to forcefully evict me and other occupants. We are receiving several threats.  We are appealing to the government to call the police to order so that they will not be used alongside thugs to evict us forcefully. We have received security intelligence and  they should restrain her and her agents from  using  thugs, hoodlums with lethal weapons and  bulldozers  and with support from security agents to beat, maim and forcefully evict us".

No comments:

Post a Comment