Friday 27 August 2021

20 rights groups accuse PMExpress publisher, Cyriacus of unprofessional journalism, want story on survivor retracted.

 -


-- I'm suing him --- Survivor

----" I will not retract,  I stand on my story" -- Mr. Izuekwe 

The Advocate for children and Vulnerable Persons Network ACVPN a  coalition of over twenty rights groups promoting the rights of vulnerable persons, children and women has called out one Mr. Cyriacus Izuekwe to retract a story he published against one Miss Kelechi Joseph a 20 year old Sales Rep. 
Miss Kelechi is said to be a survivor of attempted rape which she reported to the ACVPN. 
Following her compliant that a Comedy Skit producer one  Agausim Gabriel allegedly lured her to a hotel and attempted to rape her and still went ahead to accuse her of armed robbery, the ACVPN took up the matter and the case was transferred from the Ipaja police station to  the SCID Panti  Yaba. 
While this was going on, a report appeared on the PM Express website titled " how lady hires armed robbers in military uniform to kill jilted lover ".
Following the publication Kelechi and ACVPN have said the publication is not only a fabrication of lies aimed at damaging her reputation but also unprofessional as the PMExpress medium did not hear her side of the story before going to press. 
However, Mr. Izuekwe  maintained that he will not retract the story. 
Following the publication which is  circulating on social media, the ACVPN said on Thursday gave a 24 hours ultimatum to Mr. Izuekwe to retract the story against Miss Joseph failure which will prompt the ACVPN and Miss Joseph to institute a legal action against him. 
ACVPN has said 
"Good afternoon sir, it has been brought to our notice that several media organizations are running with this story, the survivor called that her boss called her attention to the story on Instablog and it's giving her problems at work! I implore you to please retract this story now as the case is taking a new dimension across the globe as it seems they are trying to turn a survivor into a suspect !
Findings show that the allegations that the lady came with army who were armed is a lie! I stand to be corrected but it was revealed that they were Air force cadets who weren't armed as earlier reported but it was Gabriel's friend who dropped the items seized with them as a bait so that he can come out. Two of the items have since been returned as we speak! 
The Survivor insists on Justice as all this is a result of the injustice that she survived in the hands of the DPO &IPO at the Ipaja Police Station'. The story should be retracted so as to avoid consequences when the case goes to court as it might result in Litigation against the Publisher, all the Fabricated lies will also be addressed too". 
Dr.  Yolanda Davis of the Aunt Landa Bethel foundation stated  "Whether pmexpressng retracts their story or not... A lesson should be made out of this... no responsible journalist will encourage and peddle lies on behalf of an accused abuser because he asked nicely...lied convincingly or sorted them out... How can we in 2021 claim we are fighting for gender equality and then we make it ok... for a survivor's character to be put through such outrageous lies"
Mr. Izuekwe on his part said " Sir, with due respect, we stand on the story because it was investigated and confirmed the facts therein. I have more facts on this matter and may likely uploaded it here if there is any doubt on my integrity as a crime reporter. I have practice journalism for many years and have always been on the side of victims but on this case, what was reported was the facts of the matter. Military, police, or any of other set of people or gang who use weapon including gun, knife and other object to forcefully take another person property is armed robbery. We stand by the story sir. we practice responsible journalism, if you doubt my integrity, I will upload all the my investigation information. When I said they were lovers, some doubted  but subsequent developments have proved me right. We are are aware two laptops have been returned confirming the robbery operation in Gabriel's house.
Also condemning the publication, Ebeneezer Omejalile the coordinator of ACVPN said " I must confess we are disappointed with this type of publication. The general slogan says Shame the Abuser and protect the Survivor, with this type of malicious,  publication , where does the fate of so many yet to be identified molested ladies who had similar experience in the hands of Gabriel, and RORORIBS whose real is Thank God.

We are making it clear we are not in support of this type irresponsible, Unprofessional conduct,  Character Defamation, of Genuine survivors. The way things are going we will not  hesitate to join as Nominal Complainant against who so ever is involved in this unprofessional conduct.

Those who conspired against Kelechi in this calculated misadventures should note that what goes around would surely come around .

Except you don't have daughters, In the next 24 hours if this Malicious post is not pull down from the Instablog and medium we are aware off , we will be left with no other choice than to delete perpetrators  of this Ungodly adventure. Enough is Enough". 
In response, Mr. Cyracus who had  claimed he has a video showing Kelechi naked with Gabriel fired back. " You can't call my write up irresponsible publication, I have my facts. And in journalism facts are sacred. The story is a facts, if you provoke me, I will upload my interviews video here or on social media" We should not allow our emotions to becloud our sense of judgement. I don't know Gabriel Uzoma.  I just did my investigation and made my report. Already, she has started making restitution". 
Miss Kelechi however said she has not met or recieved any call from Mr. Izuekwe " I don't know this man and I don't know why he is writing this against me. He never called me to hear my side of the story I am  suing him , PMExpress and the Ipaja police DPO for damaging my reputation. He said he has video of me naked with Gabriel why has he not uploaded it ?". 

Miss Joseph said "  I  am a resource person for a clothing line. I was introduced to one Agwasim Gabriel who claimed to be a Comedy Skit producer. I got a call from  GABRIEL to come over to an hotel called Wood West Hotel for a Comedy skit auditioning some where within Badore Area Ajah.When I got to the hotel. I  saw a lot of girls in the hotel reception , immediately I  was called upon to come upstairs for my costume.  When I  went upstairs unknowingly to me, it was a trap set up by AGWASIM GABRIEL and his accomplice RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA.I was told to lay down on the bed so that they could have sex with me  but  I  declined which  resulted to severe beating. I ran into the bathroom and started screaming for help but they said the security officials of the hotel cannot help me as they are also working for them. I tried to run out of the room but the door was locked. They forcefully collected 4,500 and forced me  to transfer 7,500 from my account to  their account. AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA told me that  the girls I saw at the lounge of the hotel  experienced same thing and they are cool with it. They told me  if I  dare mentioned what transpired in the hotel to anyone the would stop at nothing to eliminate me" 

"They  threw me  out of the hotel like a piece of thrash. I  was terrified and confused and I called  on my  friend  a Cadet in the Nigeria Army   outside Lagos. The cadet officer linked me up  to three of his  colleagues ,the officers accompanied me  to AGWASIM GABRIELS house somewhere in Ijegun Alimoso LGA, On getting to the house they met his family members who turned out to be a lie rather they were just friends". 
Miss Joseph added  that when  the friends realized what AGWASIM GABRIEL had done they offered to release his camera and two laptops of which one of the laptops was faulty , this would serve as a bait for AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA to be arrested" 

 Miss Joseph stated that she started receiving calls from two ladies disguising as if they wanted to buy some clothing items.
"One of the ladies went as far as proposing to me to be her Lesbian partner , unknowingly to me , these ladies work with AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA.I  was arrested and detained for four days inside the same cell with men by Ipaja Ayobo police station as  GABRIEL had reported at Ipaja police station claiming I and my soldier friends   robbed him of 250,000, damaged his plasma TV ,Laptops and camera which was over N1 million.

" I was branded all manners of name such as prostitute, a useless girl ,It was discovered that the IPO one Officer Mr. AYENI knows  AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA.They demanded for 100,000 so that they would now turned the against AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA despite damning evidence. The Ipaja police station DPO  called me all manners of awful names that if I am  not a prostitute, why would I be working in Lekki area of Lagos. The DPO ordered Gabriel and I should  be detained over night and to my surprise AGWASIM GABRIEL was released and I  was left in the cell for four days among men. I was subjected to sweep the entire police station compound. I was also subjected to wash the police station toilets for four days.

The IPO Mr. AYENI told me  to pay one  million naira as damages to AGWASIM GABRIEL and RORORIBS AYAMI OKORA both men who lured and deceived several vulnerable ladies , raped them and rob them off their belongings  and still alleged them of theft with the conspiracy of Ipaja police station"
Mr. Izuekwe however stated that he spoke with Mr. Agwasim and he told thin that Miss Joseph is his girlfriend and he didn't steal from her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment