Friday 24 May 2013

children become commodity in Nigeria

An  unborn baby can be purchased  for N200,000 while a four-year-old son can be purchased  for N400, 000 said a couple  Chibueze and Adaeze Mba arrested recently for  operating a child theft syndicate.
The couple had successfully sold thier children but thier  children are not thier only victims as they had also sold thier neighbour's children for N700,000 ;a male child was sold at N400,000 while the female child, who was two months old when she was kidnapped in 2012 was sold at N300,000.”
Narrating how they carry out the nefarous act, Adaeze who is pregnant said  “ Where we lived  at the Jakande Estate  of  Lagos state, precisely on  March 2013,  my husband and I, kidnapped our  neighbour’s toddler son called Stanley Ezeaka, and took him out of Lagos state to Imo state . My husband called an accomplice who later bought the boy for N400,000".
 After committing the crime, the couple relocated to Calabar but they had plans to kidnap and sell more babies.
Adaeze who is seven months pregnant  stated to the surprise of everyone that her unborn child is already a purchased "commodity", “I am seven months pregnant but  my husband has already sold our unborn baby for N200, 000.
Chibuueze however stated that he went into child theft  out of sympathy for helpless women who cannot take care4 of themselves and the babies “One of the children was born by a mentally challenged woman; so I have committed no crime by selling the child to people who would take care of her.”
 One of the women who  had  purchased stolen  children revealed that she bought the   boy because she could not have a child of her own..
“I bought the boy for N600,000 . I used my savings to pay for him becuase I was lonely after my husband died. I was married for more than twenty yeears but did not have a child of my . One Ogbonna sold the boy to me and i changed his name to Uchenna  . I  dont know that the boy was stolen as Ogbonna told me that the child is from an Orphanage and he would gt me his adoption document but I discovered it was a fraud when the police came to my houst to arrest me.
 One Benedicta Ogbonna  who serves as a link betwen the couple and  interested party said the children were kidnapped and sold for them to have a good life.
.”

No comments:

Post a Comment