Tuesday 29 March 2011

kidnap and stealing are not easy -----By Patience ogbo

A -26 –year old man, Chibuzor Anene is in the police custody for
allegedly kidnapping an 8 years old boy.

 Police spokes person Samuel Jinadu said the suspect was arrested by
the police on March 16th following a tip off from members of the
public .
“The suspect and his gang kidnapped the boy after school as he was
going back home with his sisters, at Alaigbo area in  Ejigbo on 16th
of March.
The police were informed about the kidnap and they swung into action
and arrested the suspect while the other two members of his gang
escaped.”Mr. Jinadu said.
 Mr. Jinadu added that the suspected kidnappers had snatched a car
from a victim on March 14th which they used to kidnap the school boy.
“It will interest members of the public to know that this same suspect
with his gang had on the 14th of March snatched a Gulf Volkswagen car
from one Tunde Abiodun at Ejigbo which they used to kidnap the boy,
Mr. Abiodun had reported the theft of his car at the Ejigbo police
station.”
 Mr.Abiodun  in a statement to the police said his car was stolen
from him at gun point by a three man armed robbery gang.
“Two of them stopped me at Cele Express and said they wanted to
charter my car to Ikotun, I agreed because I was heading to Ikotun.
shortly around Ori-oke area in Ejigbo, I noticed that an okada man was
trailing my car, suddenly, the okada man blocked my car and the two
men inside the car asked me to stop, they pointed two guns at me and
that was how I got to know that they are armed robbers and the okada
man is also a member of their gang and I reported the case to the
Ejigbo police station”
 Mr. Anene confessed to the crime .He said he joined the gang because
other members of the gang threatened to kill him.
“I used to an ice cream seller and later I went to start riding okada.
One of my friends called Emmanuel came to me to join his gang. Emma is
a bad boy and everybody knows him that he is into bad things.
  Emma was the one who planned everything and he told us about the
boy. I don’t know how he got information about the boy. Before we
kidnapped the boy, we had earlier snatched a gulf car at Ejigbo; I was
the man riding the motorcycle that day. So after snatching the car, we
used the car to go and kidnap the boy two days later. The boy was
coming back from school so Emma grabbed him and put him inside the car
and we zoomed off, later I started developing cold feet toward the
crime   , I told Emma that I was no longer interested in the crime.
When the vehicle slowed down, I opened the door and jumped out so I
was running and police men pursued and arrested me. I feel bad about
my crime, but I have no choice because Emma said he will do me
something bad if I do not join the gang.”
 Mr. Jinadu said the suspect will be charged to court.
“The police recovered a locally made gun from the suspect. The suspect
will be charged to court as soon as we are through with our
investigations.
Meanwhile the police is on the trail of other members of the gang and
they will be arrested soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment