Tuesday 29 March 2011

car thieves arrested by patience ogbo


The Lagos  state police command   advised resident to  patronize authorized car dealers.
 Samuel Jinadu the spokes person for the command said this following the arrest of two syndicates who specialize in snatching cars and selling stolen vehicles in the state.
 Officers of the, Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the command smashed the syndicates, operating in Lagos and Anambra states.
  The suspects are   Christian Chukwu and Tom Ogbangwor,  operate in Onitsha and Sikiru Kareem, Wasiu Bello, Tayo Akinyemi  are   based in Lagos .
 The syndicate operating in Anambra state allegedly  snatched a Toyota Hyundai Accent car, with Reg. No Delta. AJ 454 SLK  from Onitsha and drove  it to Lagos  where they contacted Mr. Kareem a member of another syndicate to assist them get a buyer  to for  the car.
 Mr. Jinadu said that officers got information about the syndicate’s activities and posed as buyers for the stolen car which later led to their arrest.
Mr. chukwu a father of two is allegedly   the brain behind the robbery said hunger led him into crime.
“I used to be an aluminum fabricator but the money I make from it is not enough. I am always hungry and anytime I am hungry I will  go and steal, I used to steal handsets but the money from it is not  enough, one day, a student attacked me with a gun and I later snatched the gun from him;
 while the gun was with me, I thought of what to do with it and that was how I went to meet Tom who was a labourer and I asked him to join my gang, me and tom, used to steal handsets together, but we decided to monitor people with cars and we said we should start stealing cars so that was how we went into car snatching.”Mr. Chukwu said
Mr. Ogbangwor narrated how they attack their victims.
“we look out for the person driving and if he looks timid, we will monitor him for some days, we ensure that we wait for them to get to a pot hole or a bump where they cannot drive fast so when the vehicle is slowing down, I will call Christian who is stationed nearby to come out and he will swoop on the driver, pointing gun at him and that is how we will end up stealing the car. I joined this syndicate because my labourer work was not fetching me anything and in my village, if you are not a business owner at 25 you are seen as a nobody” he said
 Mr. Jinadu a Deputy supertiendent of police (DSP) said the suspects were arrested at MR BIGGS restaurant, Oba Akran, Ikeja where they were waiting to sell the car buyers.
“The officers from SARS posed as buyers and arrested them before they could sell the car;  investigation is on and the suspects will be charged to court , we are on the trail of other members of the syndicates and they will be arrested soon”

No comments:

Post a Comment