Friday 15 December 2023

How prophecy to "avert" death led grandmother to kill daughter's day old baby

  



One prophet, Akinjise Ifeoluwa and a 66 year old grandmother, Oyewole Margaret are being held in police custody in Akure for the alleged murder of a day old baby in lsua, Akoko South East council area of Ondo state.


Margaret, was the grandmother of the day old baby, while the Prophet was the father of the baby that was allegedly murder after birth. 


It was gathered that the mother of the day old baby, Oyewole Oluwaseun accused her mother, Margaret and the prophet of the murder of her baby for alleged rituals purpose . She added that her mother forcefully took her away from her former husband's house after she bore two children for him under the pretext that he wasn’t taking care of her.

She said " I started dating the Prophet after my mother took me away from my husband 's house . I got pregnant for Akinjise and on that day of delivery of the baby, my mother and Akinjise were constantly communicating through phone and the Prophet ordered my mother to block the child nostrils to enable the baby die.My mother did it because the prophet said it is an abomination for the baby to be alive because it will lead to my death as he Prophet claimed I had slept with another man while I was pregnant for him. He said if my mother does not kill the baby, then my mother should be ready to lose me to death after fourteen (14) days.


“After I regained my strength, my mother informed me that the baby had died and the baby and the placenta have been buried.


“However, when the purported place of burial was visited, neither the baby nor the placenta was found. The prophet and my mother should explain the whereabout of my baby.



The prophet and the grandmother were arrested following a complaint lodged at the lsua police division that Oluwaseun who just gave birth to a baby couldn’t give a satisfactory account of her baby’s whereabout.


 Funmi Odunlami the spokesperson for the Ondo state police command while parading the two suspects, in Akure, said that ” the complainant said that his sister has been pregnant for 9 months and observed that she had delivered a baby and when asked about the baby, she claimed the baby had died and has been buried with the aid of their mother without informing any family member.


Odunlami added that “The Police later arrested one Akinjise Ifeoluwa 40 years and Oyewole Margaret in connection with the case.


“In the course of investigation, it was discovered that her mother, Oyewole Margaret entrusted her care to a native doctor named Akinjise Ifeoluwa who also claimed to be a prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment