Sunday 11 July 2021

My Police Inspector husband beats me with iron, belt, teargas --- mother of four cries out

 




A mother of four Mrs Kate Ojemma has cried out over the domestic violence she has been subjected to by her police Inspector husband .
In a " Save my  Soul" message to the government, Mrs. Ojemma said her husband used anything he can lay his hands on to inflict injuries on her  
She said " I am the legal wife of Inspector Mohammed Ojemma under Area Command Police Station, Sagamu, Ogun state. I’m writing this letter in a very unfortunate and hard situation. I have been through a lot in my life but this is something I wish no one would ever go through. I got married to my husband on the _11th of November 2008_ and given birth to four children for him. Since I got married to him, it has been a terrifying experience in which I just hope I will not be murdered by my husband one day.
On countless occasions has my husband beaten me as if I’m a goat. It became so serious that I was rushed to the hospital due to the fact that I became unconscious whenever he starts beating me. Whenever he gets angry, he treats me like an animal, to the extent of using belts, iron and even Tear Gas on me. There are times that he has pointed his gun at me and threaten to shot me. Many times, I will run away from the house for days on the bases of his threat.
There are occasions where uses his Koboko to beat me. I could recall during one of the occasion that he has to pour hot water on me, cut my hair with scissors and tie me down with rope, then left me in the room for days; thank God for the neighbors can came to my rescue, if not I would have died.
As I’m writing to you now, I’m left with no properties; he took all my personal belongings and burnt them to ashes.
Presently, he has taken in custody my four children in which the first born is just ten years of age after sending me out of the house and threaten to use my children for money ritual. He has told me that the day I report him to any Governmental Organization, he will shot me with his gun and nobody will question him because his police officer.
Attached with this letter is the picture of the scarce in my body which is as a result of his domestic violence on me.
I hope you find my situation and my matter concerning"

Following her outcry, the Ogun State  Commissioner of Police CP Edward Adogun has ordered the arrest of the Inspector.
A rights activist under the auspices of Advocates for Children and Vulnerable Persons Network  ACVPN  Abiodun said "  His  arrest was effected though the help of CP, PPRO Ogun State and ACP Adeyeri llaro Area Command and ACP Monday Agbonike   (now DCP )
I follow it up to Ogun State, informed you about the last date l got from lPO at 30th September last year, l sent a member of African Women Lawyers Association ( AWLA Ogun State Coordinator) to go and hold watching brief". 

No comments:

Post a Comment