Wednesday 16 June 2021

 

 ACVPN rescues woman from abusive husband. 


A business woman Mrs. Oluchi Azuka is not only in pains but is also calling for help over the incessant beatings she receives  from her husband and father of her children. 
 She said her marriage to her motor spare part dealer husband in the last eleven years have been  traumatic and a near death experience which she cannot continue to cover up adding that her husband looks for the flimsiest excuse to pounce on her thereby leaving her with bruises and black eyes. 
Following her latest ordeal in the hands of her husband where he almost left her blind, Mrs. Azuka summoned courage and ran for her dear life as she reached out to  the Advocate for Children and Vulnerable Persons Network ( ACVPN) for help. 
Narrating her husband's constant beating, Mrs Azuka said " My husband beats me at the slightest opportunity he has. This particular incident happened as a result of a young man who came to our house to fix our fan. My husband was angry that he was not at home and I allowed a young man to come into the house. He went on to probe us by saying why was the young man  sweating and I too was sweating too. He asked why the young man locked the room but the young man said the door locked by itself. He went on to tell me that I have guts to bring a man to our house to sleep with me ?He started quarreling after the young man left. I know that the next thing is to pounce on me so I ran out to call my neighbours to help beg him. He got infuriated when he saw our neighbour and his wife and right in their presence he hit me in the eye. I fell to the floor screaming but my neighbours left me and my husband kept  pouncing on  me. I ran out of the house with blood gushing from my eye. This is not his first time beating me. He has done it more than four times, inspite  of this, I am fending for my family. I am not interested in the marriage anymore. He should be given serious warning not to hit me again " 
It was gathered that the   IBA Police Station is investigating the  attack and has since arrested the suspect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment