Thursday 16 April 2020

Exclusive .Covid- 19 : Hoodlums  rob ,rape women in Ogun Community.

By Patience Ogbo

 Residents of kugbonmire Street behind Expect God School and environs in Mowe community in Ogun State said armed hoodlums have taken over their community for the past three days.
The residents said they are living in fear  at the time of this report as  hoodlums about 100 in number are laying siege in their streets.
The hoodlums according to residents are allegedly  breaking into houses and  demanding for food,  money and raping women.
They added that residents who are obeying the Stay- at-Home directives of the government have been under attack since on Monday.
A resident Mrs. Ajala Ojo said " We have been under attack since Monday. I could not call to inform anyone because my mobile phone is bad. I just managed to get to my neighbors to use their phone to call my family. These boys are attacking houses and streets with dangerous weapons. They are asking for food and money but when they cannot get anything, they resort to raping women. As I am talking to you now, about 100 of them are on my street at Ikugbonmire where I reside with my children. I am looking for every means to relocate because the attacks are scaring me and my children have been crying. I locked my doors and we are quiet inside our room as if nobody is in the house. Policemen came and threw tear gas but the hoodlums returned fire with guns shots and stones. The policemen left and came back later with more men".
Another resident pastor Kenny said " Attacks have been going on in Mowe. These boys have been attacking residents in Mowe in the last three days. They come out in the afternoon to rob residents  staying at home and their attacks have spread to Ofada. Landlord in Shomeke Obafemi-Owode  are staying up to watch over their community so that these boys will not attack us".
Effort to get the reaction of the Ogun State police spokesperson DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi was not successful.
When contacted, the commissioner of police in the state CP Kenneth Ebrimson said " There is nothing of such happening there. My DPO is on ground and he told me there is nothing happening.Let the person calling you also call me".

No comments:

Post a Comment