Friday 21 September 2012

Man arrested for Murder after confession in Church. By Patience Ogbo A- 23 -years old man Obina Maxwell is in the police custody for allegedly killing his friend. Maxwell was arrested by the police last month after his confession to a large congregation of the Lord's Chosen Church at Ijesha that he killed his friend Elijah and stuffed his corpse in a Ghana must go bag and dumped the corpse by a dumpsite at Orile -Iganmu. Maxwell said he did not intend to kill his friend but an argument over a debt of N50000 led to a fight. "I collected N50000 from Elijah sometimes but he came to my house at Orile for his money but I told him I had only N20000 to give him. He refused to collect it and held my shirt. We started arguing and fighting so he tried to grab a stool to hit me but I reached out for the stool before him and hit it on his head. He collapsed and was unconcious. I tried to revive him but he was dead." Sensing that Elijah was dead,Maxwell hurriedly stuffed his corpse into a bag and dumped him by a dumpsite but an onlooker noticed the blood dropping from the bag and accosted Maxwell. "When I saw that the man has caught me I told him what happened so that was how he decided to blackmail me. He demanded for N8000 but I gave him N3000. He later demanded for N50000 and started coming to my house to take whatever he wants; I had to sell my TV set and home theatre for N35,000 and I gave him the money .I was troubled about the death so I told a pastor and he said I should confess at the Lord Chosen Church. So I did that one Sunday and shortly after the police came to my house and arrested me. I guess a member of the church who heard my confession told Elijah's family and they reported to the police. " Ngozi Braide the Lagos State police command spokesperson confirmed the incident. She said the case will be charged to court soon. Reply Reply to all Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment