Sunday 1 April 2012

Naval rating throws daughter into Lagoon

Miss Yusuf made the appeal following a case of kidnap of her three weeks old baby girl by hoodlums allegedly sponsored her lover Joseph a navy rating attached to the Naval base at Apapa.

Miss Yusuf who wept profusely said, Joseph sponsored the hoodlums who raided her house on February 2nd and kidnapped her baby Happiness.

Joseph is also alleged to have thrown baby Happiness into the lagoon at liver pool, after the hoodlum brought the baby to him.

Glory narrated the incident she said.

“ I met Joseph last year , he was a next door neighbour to my elder sister and we started dating; later in the year he came to me that he wanted to marry me and we went to see my family members to in Lagos, he even bought some drinks and said it was introduction; later I became pregnant and I told him but he said I must abort my four months old pregnancy but I refused” Glory said

Glory added that Joseph became hostile to her and threatened to kill her.

“I started seeing another version of Joseph after I refused to terminate the pregnancy. last year, I saw a woman with two children in Joseph’ house, when I asked him he said they were his late brothers children and wife, it was later I discovered that the woman is his wife and the children are his; I left the barrack where I was staying and moved to Boundary at Ajegunle but before I left he told me that he will not be responsible for my pregnancy which I did not mind.” Glory said

According to Glory, Joseph trailed her to her apartment at Boundary and beat her up mercilessly after he found out that she had given birth to a baby girl.

“ I went through a lot to take care of myself during the pregnancy and my family members were supporting me so after I gave birth to the baby on January 13th, Joseph trailed me to the house at Boundary and he forced me to hand over the baby to him, I refused and he started beating me up it was neighbours who saved me from his hands, as if that was not enough, he came back the next day and demanded for the baby but I refused,he slapped me in the face and I fainted , he tried to take the baby away but my neighbours stopped him and hide the baby " Glory said.

Narrating how her baby was kidnapped , Glory said

"I called my mother to come from the village after I regained consciousness ; so that was how on the 2nd of February by 3.00am hoodlum numbering eight, stormed my house beat me and my mother up; two of them were holding guns while the others had broken bottles and sharp objects which they used on me and my mother ; I hide my baby but they searched for her and grabbed her from me and ran away, I ran after them shouting , that was when I saw Joseph on a bike parked ahead at the street ; I called out to him to bring my baby, I saw their faces very well because there was light but Joseph refused , I made called to his phones but he did not answer” Glory said.

Glory and her sister mama Victory later reported the incident to the police and the Navy authority at navy barracks Satellite town , Joseph was arrested and he confessed that he collected the baby from the hoodlums that fateful day and placed her inside a cartoon, which he threw into the Lagoon at Liverpool area of the state early that morning.

It was gathered that the navy authority arrested two of the hoodlums who attacked Glory and her mother and kidnapped her daughter.

The case was transferred to the Homicide department at Panti Yaba; two of the hoodlums are in police custody but Joseph is said to be in the custody of the Navy .

“ I want justice for my dead baby, I want the Navy to hand over Joseph to the police for prosecution, it has been more than three weeks now and they said they are investigating him, so I am calling on the navy authority to bring Joseph to book; they should hand him over to the police for killing my baby as he has caused me great pains”Glory laments.

No comments:

Post a Comment