Tuesday 20 September 2022

Reverend father refutes allegations of rape , assault.

 



Reverend father PaulMary Ikwuneme of Christ the King Catholic church Odeh village in Anambra state has denied allegations that he raped a pregnant woman and assaulted her brother. 

He however did not deny the curse allegations he rendered on the woman and her husband. He stated. 


" I Fr PaulMary Ikwuneme was accused by Mrs Chinenye Okwuenu of raping her which is a false allegation against me.

However, this accusation came as a result of an incident that occured on the 6th of July 2023, between his younger step brother and I. But before the incident occured, Chinenye's husband had already threatening to write such letter against me. 

According to Chinenye, his reason is that he cut her while speaking to me on the phone twice having warned her not to call any man or boy on the phone apart from their family members. She pleaded with me on his behalf to pardon him and as well called Mrs Udeorji to request for my forgiveness upon the husband which She did.

Besides, I reported this matter to Mrs. Oguno ( Headmistress) about what Chinenye's husband said . She equally pleaded on his behalf for my forgiveness and advices me to delete Chinenye's number which I did.


THE INCIDENT

Chinenye's step younger brother insulted her mother before some teachers , his classmates and I on the 6th day of July 2023 within the School premises. Having been flogged by one of the teacher, he ran home and did not return back to write his exams. Later in the day, I entered the village to collect some money given to one of the teachers for me and along the way, I entered the boys house to know his reason for not coming back to write his exams. I met the elder brother who is JSS 1 in our School. I asked him his reason for not being in the School but he ignored me. Besides, he was in the bed when I was asking him this question which he gave no response. I uncovered the net that covers his bed without touching him, immediately, he picked up a dagger knife from the head of his bed to use on me but I overpowered him and took the dagger knife from him


 He raised alarm and people came. The incident was reported to the Council of Elders in the Community and they were billed some charges later on though in my absence. Chinenye called me and requested that I should help her family to beg the Council of Elders, which I did. But they refused and maintained that it is their custom that anyone who carries a knife against the other will pay fine.

Nevertheless, Chinenye requested for my help for them to pay the fine since they refused to pardon them. I told her that I do not have the money to do so. Hence She began to threatening me that if I refuse to help because I am the cause of everything , She will accuse me of raping her and the husband will put it into writing which they eventually did. I was so much annoyed when she said so and I cursed her. This is what happened". 


No comments:

Post a Comment