Thursday 14 April 2022

''I killed my child by mistake'' ---- 29 years old man.



The Lagos State police command on Thursday paraded a 29- year- old man, identified as Benedict Anieze over the death of his daughter.

The Lagos State police command spokesperson SP Benjamin Hundeyin  who represented the Lagos State Commissioner of Police  CP  Abiodun Alabi, said Anieze is among 32 suspects paraded for various alleged crimes in the state.
The police stated that the suspect smashed his new born child on the floor over alleged quarrel with his 17 years old girlfriend which led to the baby's untimely death at their residence at the Idimu area on April 4th.

Anieze however denied the allegation . He said, “ What happened with the demise of my child is making me very sad. I did not plan to kill the baby. What happened with her that led to her untimely death in my hands is a mistake. I had issues with her mother not to go outside the house after she put to bed. But she left the baby to go out. When I heard the child crying, I picked her up but in the process , I slipped and the baby fell  to the ground . I started shouting and the mother came in and saw the baby on the ground. She started shouting. I was confused and did not know what to do. I wanted to kill myself so I set the house on fire . The mother of my child started banging the door and shouting that people should help that our  house was on fire.

I did not kill my baby for ritual to make quick money  as rumoured in some quarters,it was an accident,  I am not happy the way the baby died.I would be a foolish person to give birth to  a baby,  and kill her. I didn’t kill my baby. It was an accident that will hunt me  for life . I wish I had died along with the child''


No comments:

Post a Comment