Friday 15 October 2021

"We cannot walk on Lagos Streets " - Residents cry out



 

The notorious activities of suspected cultists in Oworoshoki a Lagos suburb  is giving residents in the community sleepless nights. 
The residents appeal is coming few days after the Lagos state police command assured residents and visitors of a watertight security during the Eko festival as well as maximum security for waterways users in the state. 
One of the residents who raised the alarm and a Save Our Soul appeal to the Lagos state police command narrated how the streets urchins and cultists led by one Abiola Brain an alleged internet fraudster harass and molest innocent residents with impunity while the policemen at the Oworoshoki division allegedly look away. 

 The resident whose identity is not revealed  due to reprisal attack said " I really need your help concerning one nuisance in my area...he is called Abiola brain,he's a yahoo boy and he terrorizes the  area because of his ill gotten wealth...I learnt he has been doing it before I moved in to the  area...d place is at Oworoshoki,Olabode Aluko street,he beats people,break bottle on people's head. One night, in my presence he asked  his boys to go carry one girl that was passing by for him just because  he called the  girl and she didn't answer him,not that  he knew the  girl,I wanted to react but I restrained myself  as  his boys were many there and they may attack me.
 Recently, he did something that really got me mad. I coming from work at night two days ago and  they were throwing fireworks on people's body, passersby ; infact they threw it on me,if not that  I quickly moved it would have  injured me ,I was very angry and I showed my anger, he(Abiola brain) wasn't there it was only his gangs...so they told him what happened and  he came last night with full force he and was throwing bomb,I was called but I was still in Oshodi area  then,I promptly called Lagos state police command emergency but d response I got was that I can  only call d nearest police station and he has bought d police in Oworoshoki over, there's nothing he does that  he doesn't get away with. The police in Oworoshoki can't check him  and he needs to be checked". 
Another resident said " These cult boys must be checked. I tried to avoid them by coming home  early but walking home is a fear as these boys are lurking to see whom to harrassed . 
The residents appealed to the Advocates for Children and Vulnerable Persons Network ACVPN to intervene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment