Wednesday 3 February 2021

Teenage Girl Wants her surname changed after her father allegedly raped her

 


Girl wants her surname changed after father allegedly raped her. 


A 19 year old secondary school girl, Linda not real name said she  has been living with the trauma of rape experience she allegedly suffered in the hands of her father one Mr.  Akanni 

Linda who said her father raped her in 2019  added that  his threat that she would die if she exposed the crime further compounded the trauma and pain she suffered.
Following the rape, Linda is appealing to her mother to change her surname failure which she might commit suicide.


Narrating how her father allegedly raped her, Linda 19  said. 
"Sometimes in 2019, I went to stay with  my aunty, my father's sister one Mrs Modinat Akanni in Ilogbo Ifo Ogun.My father came to see his sister. There was a day he called me  into the room and immediately I got inside, he shut the door behind and pushed me. The room is in a deserted area and he used his hands to cover my mouth. He said I should not shout. Even if I shouted, nobody would have heard me. He pulled my dressed and went on to rape me. He told me that when he was done, that I should not tell anyone or else, I would die. I kept the rape to myself but I couldn't bear it any more. So I spoke up and my mother got to know. I want government to punish him for what he did to me. I want him to be jailed but my fear is that if he goes to jail, who will pay for my university education? I want government to punish him but he should be made to pay for my university education" 

Mrs Ayinde Rasheedat , mother of Linda said she brought the matter to her attention of her estranged  husband but he denied it. He said "I am  married to Mr Akanni Nurudeen an Artisan and Building contractor who  lives at Elebute, Iya Na Ilogbo Ifo local government Ogun state. We have been married for more than twenty years and the marriage is blessed with two children but our second child a boy died . We both move to Oke Aro area, suddenly my husband became irresponsible and fornicates with other people and neighbors wife,and continued to maltreat me and my daughter all the family and relatives efforts resulted to nothing and he persisted in devilish acts.
Then I have to move on with my life. I relocated to another area with my daughter, after six to ten years I introduced my daughter to her father, since he is not fulfilling  his  responsibility towards  her. 
But something terrible happened on 28th December 2019. When Mr Akanni Nurudeen  her father forcefully raped our daughter and threatened her to keep the secret or die miserably at his sister's house in Ilogbo Ifo Ogun state .I got to know this when my daughter asked  me to allow her change her surname and she became  kind of sluggish  in the house, she narrated the rape  to my sister Mrs Lateefat and she told me about it.  "

The alleged rape was reported to a human rights activist Mr. Agbodemu Musbau Ishola who  condemned the act and vowed to ensure justice is served.  He said " This is unbelievable. How can a father do this to his own child and still went on to threaten her with death? Thank God she spoke up and exposed the rape. I call on other women and girls to speak up against rape. This girl has tried to commit suicide twice since the incident if she does not get justice. We will report the matter to human rights group and the necessary action and support will be given to her"

When contacted, Mr. Akanni denied the allegation. " I never raped my daughter. This is the handiwork of my estranged wife. As I am speaking with you, I am paralysed. I was involved in a ghastly accident in November 2020  That accident had paralysed me. The allegation is false and I am hearing it from you for the first time"

No comments:

Post a Comment