Saturday 1 July 2017

Guard lock colleagues up ,  steals laptops, twenty four hours after  assuming duty.
Though he describes his stealing habit as a spell by evil forces , security Operatives said they are not fooled by the superstitious excuse an alleged notorious thief  Abdumalik Tijani is peddling.
Tijani according to the police did not waste time in exhibiting his   criminal tendencies as he allegedly  stole four laptops barely twenty four hours after he was employed as a guard with the  ChristCross security company .
Tijani 18 would have absconded with his loots but policemen attached to the Victoria Island Police station who were on patrol  operation accosted the suspect around 3am and asked him what he was carrying in his Backpack.
Narrating how he was arrested, Tijani said " I am from Kabba in Kogi state. I came to Lagos and started attending  church regularly. After attending church for two weeks, the pastor noticed I was always begging for money. He called me to his office and asked me what my name was but I lied to him that my name was Christopher  Benson   .  He  introduced me to a private  security company called ChristCross security company and they employed me immediately. I was employed on Friday and was given orientation with a salary package of N18,000 per month. I was deployed to the Trinity House in Victoria Island on Saturday but I had a strange urge to steal. I already hatched a plan and when the three other guards on duty with me were fast asleep at midnight,  I locked them up in the security  room  and went into the office where I stole four laptops .One Apple and three HPs laptops. I packed all the laptops in a backpack and sneaked out of the place. Trying to hide my crime , I called our supervisor on the phone and told him that I was kidnapped on my way to buy food. Luck however ran out on me when a team of policemen on patrol saw me with the Backpack and ordered me to stop. I lied to them that I was coming from a far journey but the policemen did not buy the story I told them. They opened my bag and saw the laptops. They took me to the Victoria Island Police station and I was detained . I intended to sell one Laptop for N10,000 at computer village. ".
Narrating how he ventured into crime, Tijani said " I started stealing since I was young. I was stealing in my village and I remembered that I stole money when I was 15 years old. When I came to Lagos,  I started stealing again. I would stand at the bus stop at ilupeju area and snatch phones and handbags from women on bike. There was a day I was catch at Mushin area stealing phone and I was arrested and kept behind the Counter. I lied to the police that my name was Tosin  Daramola   . I escaped from custody and went back to stealing . I cannot do without stealing. It's like I am under an evil spell".
It was gathered that the police at the Victoria Island Police station charged the suspect to the Igbosere Magistrate court 8 on charges bordering on theft.
Tijani pleaded  guilty to the charge and he appealed to the Magistrate Hon. Oghe  G. O  to tamper Justice with mercy . The Magistrate convicted the accused.



No comments:

Post a Comment