Saturday 29 April 2017

My husband was murdered in cold blood – Widow of man found dead at Shell office
Published April 29, 2017
Share Tweet   Share
Cletus Onyekweli
Chukwudi Akasike , Port Harcourt
To Mrs. Peace Onyekweli , life has suddenly become a strange journey, where she would have to cater for the children alone without her hard working husband , Mr . Cletus Onyekweli , 49 , whose sudden death is still a mystery to his family .
Cletus Onyekweli was alleged to have been murdered on the premises of the Shell Industrial Area office in Rumuamasi area of Rivers State where he was a contract employee for about 14 years .
The deceased , who recently earned an award for himself for his dedication to work, was found dead in his office in a pool of his own blood , an incident that suggested to the widow that her husband was murdered .
The incident , which happened on Thursday , April 13 , 2017 has left the deceased ’ s family , including his three children in shock .
Cletus had before leaving for work on the fateful day , promised to teach his 15 - year- old daughter Chemistry after work. But Cletus never came back home .
Narrating how the news of her husband ’ s death came to her , Mrs. Peace Onyekweli , said she became worried when she put a call across to her husband and his two phones indicated that they were switched off. The widow explained that she kept calling her husband ’ s colleagues, to ascertain the whereabouts of Cletus , who hailed from Aboh, Ndokwa East Local Government Area of Delta State.
“ I waited till about 8 pm for him to come back to no avail . So , I suspected he might have been stuck in traffic. I called him again at 9 pm when he was not back . I called his office mobile line , the response indicated it was switched off; I called his own personal two lines , they were switched off.
“ I repeated the calls at 11 pm and at about 12 midnight . It was the same. When it was 12 , I prayed till about 1 am . When it was after 1 am , I woke the children up and told them that daddy was not back . Then we all held hands together and prayed that wherever he was , God should bring him back home .
“ At 2 am , I decided to call one of his subordinates and complained to him . Immediately I requested for one of his colleagues’ phone number and I gave him a call . The colleague told me they attended the training together and after a training programme , they held a meeting and he returned to his office . My husband ’ s colleague is in RA ( Shell Residential Area ) while my husband is in IA (Shell Industrial Area ) .
“ He said he communicated with my husband with the office intercom at about 4 pm and at about 6 . 30 to 7 pm , he still communicated with him through their intercom, which suggested he was still in the office .
“ My husband ’ s friend asked me to hold on and that he would speak with other colleagues to see what they could do to trace my husband ’ s whereabouts . At 3 am , I called him again and he urged me to be patient and that they were already in Shell , but they had not been granted access into the place. I waited till about 6 am and called him and he said no access yet , ” Mrs. Onyekweli further narrated.
She expressed shock when she was later told that her husband was found dead in his office inside Shell Industrial Area , adding that the Division Police Officer at Elekahia Police Station told her that her husband ’ s corpse had been taken to a morgue in Shell Petroleum Development Company , Rivers State .
Insisting that justice must be allowed to prevail , Mrs. Onyekweli pointed out that her husband ’ s death has left a big vacuum, adding that her three children would not be able to

No comments:

Post a Comment