Thursday 2 June 2016

Police Arrest Couple for Abducting Two children in Lagos

Policemen attached to the Lagos State Lagos State Police Command have arrested a couple, one Saheed Akinwale and  his alleged accomplice  Hajia Zainab Salisu, for allegedly  abducting  two kids, 12-months-old Feyitola Lawal and seven-months-old Taiwo Salisu from the  Abule Egba area of the state

It was gathered that the couple are engaged but  Zainab had convinced Saheed that she was pregnant for him with twins  and needed money to travel to the United States of America  to deliver the babies.

She was said to have allegedly lied to Saheed and collected N250, 000 from him,  but she disappeared only to appear months later with two babies, whom she claimed were their babies.
The bubble burst as  it was later discovered that she allegedly stole the baby from two different families, and passed them off as her twins to family and friends.

While she renamed Feyitola as Kehinde, she gave Philip the name Taiwo, and she remained under that cover till she was arrested by the police and the real parents of Feyitola were notified.

Unknown to her, the police were tracking her using the Close Circuit Television (CCTV) of Justrite Stores, where she was last seen in the company of Mrs. Lawal and her baby, Feyitola.

The suspect, Hajia Zainab Salisu, said, "I did not steal the baby. Feyitola's mother is my friend. I went to their house on May 14 and when she left to get something, I carried her baby and left.

"Since I switched off that sim card, they couldn't reach me. The other baby (Philip whom she had baptised as Taiwo) belongs to my uncle.

"The wife died and he wanted to give away the baby and I told him to give him to me so that I can raise him as my own. I was arrested when the police arrested my finance Saheed."

Saheed Akinwale on his part denied any involvement in the alleged crime. He said  "I met her last year. After she told me that she was pregnant for me and that she wants to travel to the United States to give birth. I gave her N250, 000.

"Sometime in October, she called me that she was back and that she had delivered a set of twins for me. She told me she landed in Abuja and that she would bring them to Lagos to see me.

"Although I am married with kids, I kept Zainab as my other family. I never knew they were not our kids until the police arrested us yesterday."

Feyitola's mother , Mrs. Damilola Lawal debunked claims that she was friends with the suspects.

She said, "I don't know her from anywhere, rather she came to my shop claiming to be a supplier of eggs and would love to supply us with some. I agreed.

"Later, she claimed she was new in the area and thus needed a new place of worship and my mother-in-law took her to our church (Christ Apostolic Church).

"After service she followed us home to use the convenience. She later stayed for lunch and then she said she wanted to buy some souvenoirs.

"I took her to Justrite Stores at Agege but she ended up not buying. When we were leaving, she offered to assist in carrying my daughter. We boarded a bus and got to Abule Egba.

"We entered a bike and when we got to the bus stop, her bike carried her down further. By the time I walked down to that place she had disappeared."

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos saidsiblings

"The case was reported to all the divisions in Abule Egba and she was tracked down and the baby was

recovered from her custody.

 "Also seen in her custody was a seven-months old baby (Philip) she could not give account of which the command reasonably suspects was stolen.

"Parents should be weary of all friends that can't be traced because most of them comes under the criminal disguise of friendships."

No comments:

Post a Comment