Saturday 5 September 2020

 

Armed robbers attack lady inside church steal phone.
By Patience Ogbo 

Armed robbers on Wednesday attacked a lady identified simply as Ronke inside a CAC church in Ibadan Oyo State  and stole her phone. 
Ronke who was too frightened and still in shock over the incident recalled how it happened. She said " I was going to have launch around my office at Olugoero area of Ibadan when a young man jumped down from a motorcycle  and told me to give him  my handbag. I  said for what? He pulled out a gun from underneath his shirt and said give me the bag or I will shot you. I was scared and I started running. I saw a CAC church with women praying and I ran unto the church. He ran after me and when the  worshippers saw the gun, they ran helter skelter out of the church. I was looking for a place to hide but the armed robber caught up with me and held my neck. He dragged me to a wall inside the church and held me by my neck to the wall. He was choking me. I was terrified but refused to let go of my bag. He pulled the bag and brought out my infinix  S5 phone and made away with it. I was too frightened to do anything". 
Ronke said following the robbery, she reported to the police and they demanded for N25,000 to open a case .
" After the ugly incident, I ran  and reported at the Eleyele police station. A policewoman told me to go bring N25,000 for them to start investigation. She said her phone was stolen by armed robbers and she didn't arrest the robbers so I should pray whenever I am going out. ". 
Incident of armed robberies is giving residents worries. It  can be recalled that armed robbers attacked a police station in the State recently  and shot dead a police sergeant and injured one other. The robbers made away with two police rifles   . 

No comments:

Post a Comment