Sunday 1 April 2012

A robbery suspect Seyi Olumide a resident of Abimbola Street at Igando area of Lagos state is blaming a mysterious power for his involvement in armed robbery. Seyi a graduate of Computer Engineering has been arrested twice for robbery but strangely he said God’s anger is behind his ordeal. ‘ I have gone to pray twice on the mountain, I have even visited several churches with the aim of finding a solution for my stealing habit but each time I find myself going back to the same condition, please I don’t know what to do again’ he lamented. Seyi who looked troubled over his ordeal said he did not have to steal as he can cater for his needs without stealing. ‘This is the second time this has happened to me, first I went for a vigil at Ikorodu and on my way back the following day I saw a Golf car parked, I opened the boot of the car and it dawn on me that the other door keys may as well not been locked. I tried it and discovered that the doors were opened. I tested the ignition with the keys I had in my pocket and the car started so I drove the car home. I used the car for six months, during that period I used the car for commercial purposes I was able to save N48,000 and I rented a room . My wife was not aware that I stole the vehicle ,I told her that it belongs to a friend of mine. I continue using the vehicle I then discovered that there is money in driving and I was aspiring to make more money all these while I never knew that my friends were jealous as they were wandering how I was able to get money to buy a vehicle. One day when I returned from my driving police came to my house and asked for the particulars of the vehicle I was driving and I simply told them the truth that I stole it. It was then that it occurred to me that I had committed an offence honestly it was like a dream to me it is not my wish to do this there is something wrong somewhere. Please I need help’. He said . S was charged to Seyi was charged to court and was granted bail with the father as a surety. Lagos state Police Public Relations Officer Jaiyeoba Joseph said the suspect was supposed to attend a court sitting a day before he was arrested for the same offence. Olumide after the first offence did not stop at that but he fall into another trap with the urge to make more money apparently on the same belief that he was being remote controlled by some forces unknown to him attempted to steal another vehicle from a woman he helped along his street and was again caught and sent back to police cell. He told The Moment that on a particular day along Abimbola street at Igando where he lives met a woman whom he at the end attempted to rob her of her car ‘she had an accident along our street at about 7pm of that day I assisted her to fix her bumper. I took her in that car back home that night. She pleaded with me that in case her husband asked me I should not disclose what happened to him. When we got to her house I parked the car and she requested that I should come the following day being Sunday to pick the vehicle to the panel beater to fix the vehicle which I did same. When I got I took her to the church then she asked her sister to follow me and stay with me in the car to where we went to repair it thereafter I took the car to my house to wash it and took it back to the woman in her church. All these the sister was with me in the car. When the madam came out of the church I took her back to her home. She gave me N1,000 and I went back home ’ he explained . Police said from their interrogation he was monitoring the woman and was playing the role of a good boy unknown to her that she was dealing with a criminal. Joseph said he was arrested when he went to the home of the woman when the occupants were not at home to rob. According to the suspect ‘ I went to the house and there was nobody at home so I entered their house through the ceiling it was there that i saw the key to the entrance of the house . I used it to open the door. When I searched inside their rooms I found the key to the woman’s car in an envelope with the particulars of the car and I took it away. Just as I was leaving, the sister to the woman was coming into the compound he saw me and requested to know what I was holding. When she saw the keys she recognised it and raised an alarm which attracted neighbours that was how I was arrested’ he narrated . Lagos state image maker said the suspect has admitted to the crime and he will again be charged to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment